The asbestos compliance program processes asbestos notifications for abatement projects and conducts onsite inspections of these projects to confirm the workers on site are licensed and the job is being conducted properly. This office also Investigates complaints to ensure that individuals are following the state asbestos rule and law. Also, this office provides outreach, education and technical assistance on asbestos issues. The asbestos compliance program works with Region 3 EPA and conducts Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) inspections in schools K-12.
Temporary Licensing Extension Waiver Expiration
Effective June 30, 2021, the grace period enacted due to the COVID Public Health Emergency (PHE) for existing licensees in the Asbestos, Lead, Clandestine Drug Laboratory Remediation (CDLR), and Radon programs, will end. Radiation, Toxics and Indoor Air (RTIA) Division will allow licensees to establish compliance with respective licensing rules between July 1, 2021, and September 30, 2021. Beginning October 1, 2021, RTIA will resume enforcement of all licensing and training regulations. Please contact the Division at 304-558-2981 if you have any questions or concerns.
Notification of Abatement, Demolition, or Renovation
Asbestos notifications are no longer required to be sent to EPA Region 3 (See Attached Memorandum)`
- Pay Your Notification Fee On-Line
- Asbestos Notification Form - with instructions
- Address List and Fee Schedule
West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Division of Air Quality Electronic Submittal System (ESS).
West Virginia Related Information
- West Virginia Asbestos Licensure Law 16-32
- 64CSR63 - West Virginia Asbestos Abatement Licensing Rule
- For License or Application Information see Licensing Program
- Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act Forms
- Diagram of Potential Asbestos-containing Material in your Home
- Building and Home Owners: Important information regarding demolition or renovation activities
- Search WV Licensed Asbestos Contractors
- Asbestos Fact Sheet
EPA Asbestos Related
- EPA Asbestos Home Page
- EPA National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants
- EPA Publication: Current Best Practices for Vermiculite Attic Insulation
Request EPA Publications (publication numbers listed below)
Call the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) at 1-800-490-9198
Local & Government Employees: 513-489-8190 and give them the publication number listed below the topic of interest.
|Publication||EPA publication number|
|National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants||EPA340190018|