Online Continuing Education
There are numerous and increasing online training course opportunities available to support certification continuing education (CEH) renewal requirements. Below are a few providers, listed in order of free to fees. Note, the CEH number prefix refers to water operators / WW number prefix refers to wastewater operators.
WV Basics Course at: www.waterhelp.org/wv/basics/index.html
1. CEH2008-064 Drinking Water Systems, 1.0
2. CEH2008-065 Science Concepts, 1.0
3. CEH2008-066 System Operation & Maintenance, 2.0
4. CEH2008-067 Safety, 1.0
5. CEH2008-068 Regulations & Records, 2.0
6. CEH2008-069 Waterworks Math, 2.0
7. CEH2008-070 Final Exam, 0.5
National Environmental Services Center (NESC) 800-624-8301 or online at www.nesc.wvu.edu
1. CEH2004-119* Operator Basics Training Series: Groundwater Systems - National Version 2003 Montana Water Center, 13.6 *Cannot use BOTH 2003 and 2005 versions.
2. CEH2005-079 Surface & Ground Water Systems (part of National Version 2005 Small Public Water System Courses Montana CD), 13.0
3. CEH2005-081 Water Explorations (part of National Version 2005 Small Public Water System Courses Montana CD), 1.5
4. CEH2005-080R1 Groundwater Water Systems (part of National Version 2005 Small Public Water System Courses Montana CD), 6.0
5. CEH2007-085 Virtual System Explorer, Montana Water Center (2006), 5.0
6. CEH2007-086 Contaminant Explorer, Montana Water Center, 2.5
WV Rural Water Association 304-201-1689 or online at www.wvrwa.org/online_training/online.htm
Water Otter online at https://waterotter.com
WV Section of American Water Works Association online at www.awwa.org/elearning
WV Environmental Training Center 304-372-7878 or online at www.mountainstateesc.com
Sacramento State Office of Water Programs 916-278-6142 or online at www.owp.csus.edu has numerous water and wastewater operator courses, which can be converted to CEHs (1 CEU=10 CEHs) or used towards upgrades. All training is offered as distance learning, using correspondence, video, or computer-based formats with opportunities for continuing education and contact hours for operators, supervisors, managers, and administrators.