Infectious Medical Waste Program
Striving to provide effective controls for the management of infectious medical waste to ensure the protection of the public health, safety and welfare and the environment in West Virginia.
On-line Application and Payment Option for Renewal of Infectious Medical Waste Facility Permit
To Complete an Online Application for Renewal of Infectious Medical Waste Facility Permit
You will need:
- Current Infectious Medical Waste (IMW) Permit number
- Credit Card: VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DISCOVER
Click here to begin Application and Payment Page.
Procedure To Renew A Permit
- No Changes In Your Infectious Medical Waste Management Plan
- To renew a permit with no changes to the Infectious Medical Waste Plan simply complete an application form and submit it with the required fee from appendix A of the Infectious Medical Waste Rule, 64CSR56.
- With Minor Changes To Your Infectious Medical Waste Management Plan
- A copy of the Infectious Medical Waste Management Plan must be submitted with a completed application from and fee. A copy of the management plan will be returned with your permit if it is adequate when reviewed. If there is a problem with the plan the IMW program personnel will correspond with you until it meets the requirements. You may operate under your old plan until the new one is compliant.
- Major Changes Must Be Approved Before Implementation
Infectious Medical Waste Hauler On- Line Payment
On-Line Applications and Payment for Infectious Medical Waste Haulers
Office of Environmental Health Services
Public Health Sanitation DivisionInfectious Medical Waste Program
Charleston, WV 25301
Phone No. 304-368-4420
Fax No. 304-367-2755
Infectious Medical Waste Treatment and Disposal
- Application for Approval of Alternative Treatment Technologies
- Approved Infectious Waste Hauling Companies in West Virginia
- Incinerator Operators & General Incineration Information
- STAATT Technical Assistance Manual - State Regulatory Oversight of Medical Waste Treatment Technologies
Infectious Medical Waste Fact Sheet, Guides and Information
- COVID-19 Antigen Test Kit Disposal
- Fact Sheet on Infectious Medical Waste
- A Household Guide for the Proper Disposal of Syringes and Sharps
- Guide to Minimization of Over-Classification
- Small Quantity Generators Guide to IMW Requirements
- Spill Kit Requirements